Monday, August 20, 2007

To those of you who check in to see if I'm still alive...

Thank you! I am and so glad of it! I've been putting my home back in order from traveling, which always take way more time than I think it should. The kids has lots of fun, but they are very happy to be back.

When we walked in the door on Tuesday, we immediately noticed a propain smell all over the house. We searched high and low, but didn't find anything, and found out the next day what had happened while we were gone. Our apartment could easily have been blown into the stratosphere on Sunday. (Last Sunday) The regulator was broken on the gas tank outside our window. It was overfilled and then during the night it forced propain into all the apartments. Our neighbors noticed the smell in their homes on Sunday before church and turned their stoves off, but it was pouring out in our apartment, and we weren't there. That night, someone realized that they needed to go into our place and turn off the stove. It was bad in there. One spark, and the whole thing would have gone, along with the tank. They opened the windows to air it out, but it needed another day of airing before it was livable. We are thanking the Lord for His protection of the families here and of our home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!

I noticed on the news here last night that a hurricane is heading to mexico, are you safe? My geograpgy is pretty bad! Either way I sent up a prayer for your family and your safety!! :)
Blessings
Amy

Rita Loca said...

Yikes!

Sarah Joy said...

In His Grip-no hurricane here! It's hot and humid, clear skies and sweat!

~~Deby said...

Thakful for God's protection for you and yours.
Deby

redneck preacher said...

Another chapter of your book?

HTOITA

TO BECOME said...

I am so thankful that God took great care of all concerned with the gas. God is always so good to us. I am glad you all were not there but I am glad no one got hurt. connie from Texas