Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Little Newsey

We've been so busy I've not had a chance to update my blog, or decorate for Fall!  The kids are working hard on their school, beginning on Tuesday each week and ending on Saturday.  Our week is a little unusual, but that is the beauty of homeschool.  In our schedule, we have two days out of the week in which we do school in the afternoon, because the kids or their mother have ministry related items scheduled in the morning.

That is, all except the days when they are sick, which has been the case for the past two weeks.  A harsh nagging cough gradually made its entrance into the household a few weeks ago, and now it's just as slowly making its exit.  I'd like to evict it sooner, but all my powers of cough elimination are fruitless against this bugger.  I love how the Mexican ladies are all giving me advice.  In the US I'm usually the odd ball for my home remedies.  Twice, families have dropped by with their favorite herbs to make tea with for the kids, and I've also been scolded for not making them wear socks in the house.  "That's why they're sick!  Get socks on those feet!!!!"  (I would have to use a stapler, I think.)

I'm missing church, and missing the missing of church!  I'm so thankful for a church that I can serve in, and receive blessing from, for people to minister to, and who often minister to me.  Our pastor is a man of God who preaches God's Word without compromise or fear, and who, with his wife, genuinely love God and people.  These things are all priceless to me!

The property is ready to build on, we are just getting plans and people ready for the project!

This has been my news.  Thank you for taking the time to read it!

1 comment:

Emily Campbell said...

So glad to hear that you guys are getting better! It is one of the kids favorite things to pray for "that you wont get any diseases or be sick" almost every time we pray for you :)

Got to love homeschool it is so nice to make your own schedule! I just told Brock I'm going to start a little later on Mondays, the kids are getting to bed to late Sunday night.
Miss you guys and know we are always praying for you!