|Dad enjoys a new grandbaby's smile|
I just know that my husband and I have, nearly every month of our ministry, tried to counsel a woman weeping over the broken dreams of the man she chose, who turned out to be a selfish, spoiled man-child. I've had my shoulder dampened by the tears of hurting women, and their hurting, often angry kids, because a man thinks he is the center of all things, and can't imagine that he has any obligation to the women he's used or the children he's fathered. As we try to help these women pick up the shards of their girlish dreams, grow up, and take on the heavy burden of providing for their growing families by themselves, I am struck by a gratitude in me that gets stronger with every suffering woman we try to help. These kinds of men are everywhere.
|Playing computer games with the girls|
- I thank God my dad has always loved us and is still faithful to and loves our mother.
- I thank God that he took care of us, that he prayed for us, that he sought our hearts, and that I know he still does pray faithfully for us.
- There were men who flattered me, flirted with me, and tried to buy me things, but they did not interest me in the least, because I had received enough wisdom from my dad about how a real man thinks, and how a godly man seeks out a wife. I had also received plenty of loving attention from my dad, so I wasn't looking for that attention from someone else. These girls get all that from a man, and it's as if their brain suddenly flies away. They go after that attention like someone dying of thirst goes after a drop of water.
- I thank God that He led me to a man who would fast and pray, and make a decision to love me forever.
- I thank God my nephews and nieces are getting the same blessings from their dads, and so are my children.
|David and his favorite buddy|
It isn't good luck. This verse was written by a man who received a godly heritage from his father, grandfather, and great-grandparents. I pray that we pass on the blessing God gave us through our father to our children, and that they pass it on to theirs. I hope my kids are able to look past our errors, and receive this wonderful blessing of the goodly heritage of God.
God truly blessed us!