Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thanksgiving Season!

Oh Thanksgiving was wonderful this year! I think I've recovered from the self-inflicted abuse, and I'm looking to the next day of memorial before me. Thanksgiving is the perfect introduction to a season celebrating Christ. There is no more appropriate attitude we can have when we consider the greatest Gift of all, so in my opinion, this is the Thanksgiving Season. It begins the last Thursday in November with a feast and a day set aside for giving thanks for all God's blessings. Then we have a month to think about the wonderous gifts of God. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and cometh down from the Father of lights, in whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." Then on December 25, when we single out the most importent Gift of all. Without the Gift of Christ, nothing else matters, all is vanity and emptiness. I praise God for His rich blessing, but nothing compares to the cross. In it I find my salvation, hope, and value.

The Bible holds a great many feast days and seasons of rememberance. Jesus faithfully celebrated them all. While we are not under the law, I think sometimes we forget the importance of remembering God. A holy day is a day set aside for God. Let us not fall victim to the deceptive materialism in the world's Christmas. There is no substance to the celebration in the world. Anyone saved through the gift of God truly has something great to celebrate and rejoice over!

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord"


I typed this out the day after Thanksgiving for my blog, and didn't finish it. Then the kidney stone distracted me a little. I do not, however, want the stuff of life to take away what God has placed on my heart here. It just underlines the message of thankfulness for God's Son. When Ryan took sick so quickly, I had no idea what was wrong with him. I sat in the hospital room with him watching his distress, and the thought came to my mind that he could have something serious, and I could go home alone. All I can say is, the peace of having God's gift keeps me sane day in and day out. I knew that if something horrible happened, God was sufficient. He had saved Ryan, and would take care of me and my babies. The same holds true for our future plans. I have no idea what is ahead of us, but I know that God gave eternal life. I rest on His promises; It's all I can do.

So, to everyone, Happy Thanksgiving Season! Thank God for Jesus!

No comments: