Sunday, July 04, 2010

The Bible Makes the Difference!

I love watching people come to church for the first time-some of them are not saved, some just newly born again, and others have been searching for a home church for years, and have yet to find one that just preaches the Bible. What can we say about our church that is different? We can't boast of some reforming founder, because Baptists don't have one. We just believe the Bible. I know we aren't perfect, because we are made up of sinners, but we are following the Bible. I'm always hearing, "Wow, I've never been to a church that teaches me so much about the Bible. You aren't giving me your opinion; just the Bible, and no one can argue with it. You just believe it or not!"

Yes, I'm rambling. It's late, and I'm tired. I just wanted to share my blessing of the day. Another sheep looking for a shepherd who will feed her family on God's Word found us this morning, and I heard it again.

On a side note, we are praying for land to build a building. We've been meeting outside, in someone's yard, under a circus-style tarp. Also, afternoons bring thunderstorms about half the time. Tonight, my husband was preaching for Bro. Ismael, and he wore out his voice trying to drown out the pouring rain and thunder while we shivered in our seats, trying to hear. God is blessing abundantly, but please pray for this need. We would be able to have classrooms and nurseries, and an office for the church business.

Thank you all for taking the time to plow through my rambling!

1 comment:

Emily Campbell said...

So true! We will be praying for your building, we remember our tent days :)