Off the top of my head, things I am thankful for:
1. The Gift of God is eternal life! Through Jesus Christ I am saved.
2. Heaven, not Hell; hope, not perishing.
3. Jesus, God is with us!
4. The Bible, God shows Himself to me.
5. The Holy Spirit, God leads me.
6. God is good, wise, and all-powerful.
7. I get to serve Him every moment of every day!
8. He gave me a wonderful husband, Ryan.
9. Bright, cheerful, open Ruth.
10. Sweet, tender, funny Rebecca.
11. Happy, lively, easygoing Elisabeth.
12. Godly parents.
13. Grandparents in heaven.
14. I am not done growing!
15. God's promises!
While I could go on and on, I think God has emphasized to me this past year that He is shaping us and changing us. He is making us more useful for Him, and He uses every last thing that has taken place in our lives. Nothing that happens can be wasted if we give it to God. He will always make something beautiful, but only if it is placed in His hands.
This past year I read "Hind's Feet In High Places". The pilgrim, Much Afraid, carries a stone for every lesson she has learned in her journey. At one point, near dispair, she considers throwing them away because all seems lost and hopeless. So she looks at each one and decides that every one of those lessons is too precious to cast aside and she goes on her journey with her stones. In the end, when she is glorified, those stones become precious gems to be placed in a crown she can wear to bring glory to her Saviour. Then she thinks with horror about how very close she came to throwing them away.
God is good! I am thankful for what He has done with us this year, and I wouldn't trade one moment of it. He has shown us that He is great, faithful, and loving!
God bless you all and have a great Thanksgiving!